In 2012 I started a new career, bought a house and married my best friend. It was a wonderful year and I am eternally thankful for the blessings in my life.
I hope 2013 is just as great but maybe with a little less change.
I don’t do a ton of personal posts on tumblr but I’ve been m.i.a. lately and thought I’d give an update.
- In September I left my job of 9 years to branch out on my own. It was a huge risk but it was time to try and do what I love. It’s been terrifying and exciting. Working for myself and contracting out has really worked and I wake up every day thankful and inspired. It’s pretty bad ass.
- S and I are planning to get hitched. That is some amazing shit. I feel totally lucky that I get to marry my best friend. (This is the shortest part of the update because I get excited and overwhelmed, in a good way, every time I think about it. There aren’t words for how happy I am.)
- We’re also house hunting which is exciting and mind blowing. We met with a realtor today and I feel a lot better knowing we have someone on our side who knows what the hell they’re doing.
- Derby is on hold right now. I miss skating like crazy but I have a lot of stuff going on and had to be honest with myself about the time I have and what I can commit to the league. I hope when things get back to a more normal routine I’ll be back on the track. In the meantime I need to start running again because no skating + a love of good beer and food + Vermont winters will make your ass fat in no time.
- My girl has been busy too with her Shakespeare group and band and chorus and basketball. What can I say, we love to stay busy.
So the result of ally his craziness is that I have had very little time for tumblr (though I do miss you) or friends or sometimes even sleep but I’m happier than I’ve been in a long time and that feels wonderful.
S and I are taking a trip to NYC in March for a few days sans kids and I’m looking forward to some oysters and some beer (I’m looking at you Sixpoint and Blind Tiger) and some good old fashioned no-work-grownup-playtime.
In the meantime, I’ll be around when I can posting Archer gifs, beer pics, sailing pics in the summer (!), and random things that strike my fancy or that I think S will like (which is after all how this blog started).
PS I’m planning my next tattoo with Devin.